There are many barriers that disabled customers experience and face impacting their ability and the customer journey whilst travelling on the U.K. railway network.
Throughout the year of 2020, A plan solutions supported the UK’s largest train operator in an accessibility transformation programme.
With over 300 stations on the network, the large scale complex programme delivered over 120 accessibility improvements covering technology, process, people, data and information, training, and physical station design and assets.
A plan solutions worked with many external suppliers, agencies, partners and technology companies to support the planning and delivery of initiatives that fell under the programme.
Accessibility is a company wide effort, although the company has a dedicated accessibility team the scope of accessibility covers all areas of a business. The programme changed working practices and behaviours of all 7000 staff.
Some of the benefits A Plan Solutions helped to realised from the accessibility improvement:
1. Change perceptions and ways of working both internally through dedicated accessibility staff training programme and project delivery and externally through communication and media campaigns.
2. Improved accessibility signage and accessibility facilities across the station network
3. Gain WCAG compliance across the train operators customer websites
4. Dedicated accessibility communication channels for internal and customer use
5. Design and rollout of a company-wide training programme which also extended to partners of the company.
Would your business require some support to become more accessible contact A plan solutions to discuss how we can help.